Wednesday 17 July 2019

Plastic Free July | Day 17

Plastic Free July

Day 17

Today for plastic free July I made my own all-purpose spray cleaner instead of having to buy a new bottle of it. The recipe I used was for 1 litre. I started by putting one tsp of baking soda into the bottle. I then added a few drops of liquid soap along with 10 drops of tea-tree essential oil. 

To finish off I shook the bottle a bit to mix everything up inside and there you go! If you have a wooden bench at home add about one tsp of olive oil and shake the bottle every time you use it to disperse the oil. There a loads of different recipes online that probably work just as well so be sure to check it out! This bottle of spray cleaner is not only environmentally friendly but only cost about 10 cents to make, super cheap!

Did you know that 38,000,000 plastic bottles go to landfill each year in America alone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.