Wednesday 15 April 2020

Hide & Seek | Emil

One of our tasks this week was to write about a memory of hide & seek or spotlight that you can remember and to try and paint a vivid picture in the readers mind. I wrote a story about a game of spotlight that I played on a skiing trip/birthday party. We played the game at the lodge we were staying at and it was around 10 pm.

Spotlight


I can see a tall tree in the distance sitting beside a pond.
“Squelch, squelch, squelch.” My shoes nearly slipping on the wet green grass.
I reach the tree and nestle myself amongst the many branches. “3… 2…. 1!”
The hunt is on. I can vaguely see the light of the humongous torch held by
the seeker in the dark. It’s an bitter night with a light breeze that washes
over you unexpectedly every 10 seconds or so and gives you a shiver down
your spine. I can see another player standing in between two houses in front
of me. “Pssst” I say. “Psssssst” I say again but this time louder. They turn
around and seem confused because of how I’m hidden in the dark.
I poke my head out of the tree and they see me. They run over and join me.
Eventually we gather four people hiding in the same tree and make a run
for it once we see the light getting closer.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emil

    Thanks for sharing you Hide and seek writing with us all. I really enjoyed reading your piece of descriptive writing. I felt quite cold as you hid and waited for the seeker to find you. I like how you used the words 'shiver down my spine' it really set the scene for the night game.
    Well done Emil.

    A good reader always makes a great writer! Keep up the great work!

    Talk again soon

    Mrs Costello :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.