Thursday 30 April 2020

Hiking Mornings | Emil

This week our writing task was all about waking up in the morning. I decided to do it about waking up in a hut on a tramping trip, hope you enjoy :)

Mornings


My legs are crossed & I’m lying on my stomach. My t-shirt is sticking to my back
from all of the sweat. “It was definitely a mistake taking a winter sleeping bag
on this trip” I thought to myself. I can already hear that my dad and my sister
are up boiling the water for a hot cup of tea and porridge. The light is streaming
in from the gigantic windows forcing me to leave the warmth of my sleeping bag.
I jumped down from the top bunk and within a few minutes I packed up my
sleeping bag and stuffed it down into my big, bright turquoise backpack as well
as changed into my hiking gear. “Good morning” I say to my dad and sister and
I sit down to drink a hot cup of Milo and eat my porridge.

The grass outside the hut has a light layer of frost and the sun has just reached
over the hills in the distance. The birds are chirping and the trees are slowly
swaying side to side. We do our dishes and pack up all of our gear and set foot
outside of the hut and the grass crunches beneath my feet as we set off towards
the path.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emil
    Thanks for sharing your writing. That sounds like a great morning to me. An adventure would be quite good right now.
    What is your favourite tramp and hut?

    Tineka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Tineka
      Thanks for your kind comment :) I really enjoyed walking the Abel Tasman because of just how beautiful it was over there. I think the Croesus hut is really nice as well.

      Cheers
      Emil

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.